It is always a challenge to put a little extra goodness into our foods - and be tasty! Unfortunately, I think healthy food sometimes gets a bad wrap. My three boys already take an enormous amount of food to fill them up, so I am always looking for ways to put some extra fuel in their tanks.
What better way to do this then to combine biscuits - which kids love - with our granola - which if they haven't tried yet, that hopefully they'll soon love too.
We currently have four granola varieties, but one problem I have found is, even if I make these biscuits, they can't go to schools - NUTS! So, I am in the process of producing a school friendly granola that can tag along with your kids in their lunch boxes!
However, lets concentrate on the task at hand here, biscuits! (Gosh I get side tracked easily!) This recipe is a super easy biscuit to whip up. I must admit, I was a little concerned at a couple of points, but I assure you that they work! These ones aren't a crisp biscuit, they are a softer style biscuit, but packed with crunchy seeds and almonds.
When you are mixing the butter and maple together, it may not cream like a normal butter and sugar recipe, even when the eggs are added. However, it does all come together beautifully! The final step is to mix in your favourite Fodden Granola.
Do you have a chocolate lover in the house? Try it with our chocolate granola and add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa when you add the flour. Jam even more nutrients in there with our Hemp variety, which is packed full of the goodness of hemp seeds from Good Country Hemp in Bordertown.
So go on, try them!!
Fodden Granola Biscuits
- 100g butter, room temperature
- 100g maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of Fodden Granola
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Have the butter at room temperature, beat it together with the maple syrup
- Add the egg and combine well (don't be alarmed if it looks split)
- Add the flour and baking powder and combine well with the wet ingredients
- Fold in your favourite Fodden Granola
- Spoon the mixture onto a tray in your desired biscuit size
- Bake for around 15min at 180 degrees Celsius - longer if they are a larger biscuit